In 1929, Albert J. Allen, Sr., D.M.D., started the family tradition of providing personal family dentistry to our neighbors on the South Shore. Albert J. Allen, Jr., DDS joined his father in 1964, and in 1995 Craig M. Allen, D.M.D., joined him. Lauren Handwerk, D.M.D., united with us in 2003. We welcomed Jennifer Allen, D.M.D. in August 2014 making her the 4th generation of Allens to join the team, complementing our practice of over 85 years of family history. In the summer of 2016 Lyle Smith, D.M.D. joined the practice.
Doctor Albert J. Allen - Founder - Deceased
Doctor Albert J. Allen graduated from the Tufts School of Dental Medicine in 1929. He opened his dental office in South Braintree, where he continued to practice for 42 years. His accomplishments include being the former chairman of the South Shore District Dental Society and a clinical instructor at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. He was also a trustee of the Mass Dental Society (MDS), a member of The American Dental Society (ADA), the MDS, the South Shore District Dental Society, and the Fellow International College of Dentists (FICD).
Doctor Albert J. Allen, Jr. - Deceased
Albert J. Allen Jr. was a native of Braintree and attended Braintree
schools. He continued his education at Tufts University and in 1962
received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of
Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. He then joined the U.S. Naval
Reserve as a Lieutenant and became a dental officer attached to the Marine
Corps Recruit Depot Parris Isle at Beaufort Naval Hospital, South
Carolina, from 1962 to 1964. He then joined his father's dental practice
in 1964. During the 1980s, Dr. Allen was also a Lieutenant Colonel with
the United States Army National Guard.